Help With Sims 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cmaier

My computer crashed 2 weeks ago ...I installed everything on it that was on it before it crashed... When I went to reinstall Sims 2 (was on here before the crash) it gives me this message
"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice5.package' from the media.
Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?"

I have contacted EA Games but all they give me was a link to download something about a SafeDisk

That didnt work... now I'm really frustrated and at my wits end... Any suggestions or help to be found ?? I'm almost computer stupid but if you need something and tell me where to get it... I can get it... Would hate to go get another new computer since I just got this one in Nov. Its a Dell with Windows XP Home Edition on it. HELP !! :(

usually i get errors like that my cd is dirty. Even with cds that look clean. Try using a non-abrasive soap and then drying it with a non-abrasive material. Or maybe your cd has some mad scratches but i wouldn't think so. and whats that link ea games sent you, post it.

cmaier

Wont let me post the link that EA support sent me ... tried cleaning the CD also...still to no avail ... grrr...gettin real frustrated ...after spend that much money and not able to play it. EA support also asked for DxDiag but I dunno ... thats all foreign to me.

To run dxdiag go to start, run, then type in dxdiag. There should be a series of tests you can run, but this probably will not fix your problem.

cmaier

Yeah thats what the EA guy had me do also ... then had me send all the info to him... didnt help anything there...stayed up most the night tryin to possibly figure out something ..no luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online