1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With slow speeds.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by admor2, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. admor2

admor2 Thread Starter

Hello ok first the problem, I use orange broadband if you can call it that..... and supposed to get 8mb speeds I know its shared and i get about 2-3mb which is fine and is what I get on my laptop on which I am currently using to post this.

However I have recently bought a new pc BUT im only getting 0.19mb speed which is awful the network card I am using in the new machine is the Edimax EW-7612PIn PCI-E300mb/s and the router have to use is a Livebox-89D0 made my linksys. I have tried installing latest drivers port forwarding dosent work, gaming is worse max 999 ping on all games Minecraft running crashed my connection, Google wont load or takes 30-40 seconds, laptop is fine though runs smoothly, I need help I may have to send my pc back cause its not what I want sure I can play games offline but I carnt do anything online I need suggestions before I send it back as it would be better thank you. and HELP.

2. jamwaky

jamwaky

Have you tried using a different network card?

3. pedroguy

pedroguy

Have you tried safe mode with networking ?Any difference ?

4. admor2

admor2 Thread Starter

Havent tried no because I dunno if i need one yet im dont really wanna spend money incase it dosent help.

5. admor2

admor2 Thread Starter

No i will reply again when i have tried,

6. admor2

admor2 Thread Starter

What o I do once I boot in safe mode with networking? can you give me a list of what I can do? i have never done this startup option before. thanks.

7. pedroguy

pedroguy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice