1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with spyware popups problems

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by deeptivishvakarm, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeptivishvakarm

deeptivishvakarm Thread Starter

I fed up of having so many popups of spyware and adware. I have tried each and every precaution to stop the popups but no use.
    Please help. I have also downloaded xpmedic, threatfire for that but they dont work effectively.

2. DaMoose

DaMoose

What is the security system you are using on your computer ? The reason I'm asking, is that there is a glitch in the Norton Trial version that comes with computer systems. It blocks the proper install of software, and hardware drivers. If you've taken the action to download anti-spyware and adware programs, they may have not fully installed, and therfor aren't protecting you. Do a search on your system. If Norton's is there, chances are the 60 day trial period has expired. And if you have the full version, chances are it too was blocked by the trial version. Remove the trial version using the Norton Removal Tool from the Symantic web site. Fo rsome reason, the Windows program manager doesn't recognize the firewall as an associated file with the rest of the Norton package, and misses it. By removing the trial, it's been solving 95% of my cases at work. All of a sudden, peoples' updates and driver downloads come through, and hardware installations of printers, web cams, digital cameras, camcorders, and external hard drives go through as well. Hope this helps.

3. TheSlayerM

TheSlayerM

Try downloading SUPERantispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
    I've had a lot of problems with spyware and came to realise that this is a really good program for those pesky things!It has a free and pro version. Free version is just fine. I would also recommend that you run a boot scan with your antivirus program (or download Avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html). Both program installations require an e-mail address and it's safe to give out!
    Let me know how things are working out! ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice