1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help With stop error in windows 2000!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cchd944, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cchd944

cchd944 Thread Starter

Ok guys been driving me crazy for over 5 months this is my storey lol Well my old notebook as gotten the stop error "stop 0x0000007b ... inaccessible_boot_device" to me im kinda screwed because my notebook does not have a CD drive but i used USB Cd drive when it was working. Now ive tryed to use the USB and windows 2000 cd to try and restart my notebook but my notebook skips over the cd drive when booting like it was never there. So i got mad and i bought myself a new hardrive only thing is its external. So ive hook up both my hard drive and CD drive and my notebook dont detect any of them so right back where ive started. Now im back with my orginal harddrive with the error trying to firgure out now i can install windows on my external hardrive some how useing this computer "so far no luck" and boot my usb hard drive on the notebook lol ive tryed to explain but bare with me if my spell and grammar is off (y)

So anyone have any ideas of maybe reformateing my orginal hardrive useing no cd drive or maybe useing the WINDOWS 2000 trouble shooting opT's allready tryed booting from last good configureation dont work. or mayeb with the SETUP on the notebook to defect my cd drive uses diffrent PORT opt's or something =/ Or installing windows onto my external hardrive.:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Windows can't be installed to an external, so forget that one.

Do you know if your machine is capable of USB boot? Anything in BIOS that would indicate you could choose a USB boot?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice