1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with streaming video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Velveedah, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velveedah

Velveedah Thread Starter

As of this week I am unable to watch video at nbc.com. I am able to watch nbc programs on hulu - wouldn't they be the same file type? cbs, comedycentral and youtube all work fine. I noticed that one of the videos was shockwave so I downloaded a new version but that didn't correct the problem. nbc's site doesn't address this or offer help to users so I'm hoping someone can advise me.
    I use Firefox, and may have downloaded some updates, but not a new version.
    I had a little trouble with Bitdefender last week , but it isn't interfering with any other streaming video sources so I don't suspect it's the problem. (but what do I know?)
    Thanks, V
    Dell Dimension 8300
    Windows XP sp2

2. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

I just went to NBC.com on Internet Exploror and their videos worked fine. Maybe you can try IE? Also, IF you do NOT live in America, some websites restrict access from outside America. I know MTV Overdrive does that.

3. Velveedah

Velveedah Thread Starter

Thanks NYCMoonstar. I'd use IE if I really needed my Conan O'Brien fix, but my main concern is getting my system back to where it was before this week (when I was watching Conan regularly on my pc). It's about solving the puzzle. I'm right here in the USA btw, so it's not that.
    Far as I can tell, I'm the only one out here with this problem, so I assume the glitch resides here in my system. I just don't know where to start looking.
    Any suggestions out there? Thanks, V

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice