1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with system ini?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rossai, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossai

rossai Thread Starter

I need some advice, When I go to system configuration utility and then click on selective start up, If I click on load start group and process win. ini file evevything is ok then if I click on process system ini file I lose the use of my mouse But if I leave it off my monator is stuck on 16 colour 680x480 I tried changing driver but it didn't help can anyone help?

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

What kind of mouse are you using...serial, PS/2, or USB?

System.INI is apparently loading something that is conflicting with your mouse. With System.INI loaded, check in Device Manager for any IRQ conflicts...

3. rossai

rossai Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm using a p/s2 wireless mouse and as soon as I click on system ini and then restart I get the message that I have proformed an illegal operation and the system will be shut down. The only way to get out of this is to push the reset button on the tower. With the system ini off, I can't see any IRQ conflicts

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice