Help with the BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

turboninja92

I am having issues with my computer that require me to see and access the bios menu on my ASUS R510C laptop. However as the attached picture shows, viewing the bios menu from the laptop screen is impossible. I have an ACER External Monitor, and both VGA and DVI -to - HDMI cables. How can I swap the Bios menu from the laptop screen to the external monitor, so that i can do the necessary repairs?

If you can't help me, would you be so kind as to directing me to the boot order page of the BIOS settings, so that I may be able to boot from a USB first?

Please Note: the bios has NEVER been updated

- Things I have tried thus far:
after booting into the BIOS, i have pressed the f1-12 keys in order from least to greatest, as well as pressing the FN key along with the f1-12 keys together; one after the other.-

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
With the laptop closed and booting from a dock, you should see all of the output on the monitor. If the monitors are connected as secondary screens, then you may not see anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online