1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with usb 2.0 ports

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marcuspolino, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcuspolino

marcuspolino Thread Starter

I have an asus k8vse motherboard with some ports in the back and some ports in the front. I never realized that my ports were working at usb 1 speeds until i got a hard disk mp3 player and when i tried to upload my music library(approx. 6 gigs) it took forever. so now I got a new driver and it seems to be going faster but at nowhere near the speed i thought it would. I saw somewhere that it was like 480 mb/s? When I open the device manager it has one ENHANCED controller listed now which i am guessing is right. But does that mean that all of them are running at usb 2.0 speeds? Or is that just controlling one usb port. As you all can tell i am kind of a novice so I appreciate any help in english. Thanks guys. Also do you think that it may just be the software (musicmatch free version) or the mp3 player (creative zen touch 40gb) that is not as fast as my usb ports?
    Thanks,
    Marcus

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

That should mean all 4 are running at USB 2.0.

You need to be sure that any USB cables you use are also USB 2.0, as using USB 1.1 types will lower the speed in many cases.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's quite possible that the speed of the player isn't what you might expect. I did a search and found a person talking about 5.74MB/s. That would translate to about 18-20 minutes for 6gigs of data...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice