Help with video editing software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ProHermit

Hello

I am slowly getting interested in messing around with video on my PC, mainly video lifted off old VHS tapes I have. At the moment I use Windows Movie Maker with mixed results, for some reason the quality badly degrades, even for Youtube quality.

Does anyone know of a decent video editing package?. I am prepared to spend up to £50 to £60. I've done some research but was wondering what do most people use for cutting and joining video footage, adding music, burning to DVD's, making optimised Youtube vids, etc.

any help with standard software people use, much appreciated.

mrss

If you have quality issues, it probably started at the VHS level. At best, quality was poor with a perfect broadcast signal. It gets poorer if it came off a home video camera and worse yet if a tape was copied. Your video capture hardware may also contribute to loss. The simpler gear certainly will. Also, if your hardware allows it, do the initial conversion to AVI instead of MPEG.

I use Pinnacle Studio 11.0 Basic and Photoshop Elements 3.0 and am happy with both, although both are outdated. I believe the newer versions have options to output to youtube. Studio Basic is enough if you're not doing HD TV and is inexpensive. I use Windows moviemaker for youtube.

How are you getting the vhs onto your pc? As mentioned, this may be where things are going wrong. Suprisingly I have had the best results converting vhs to digital using an LG DVD recorder, recording on highest quality.

Either the Sony Digital basic package or Adobe Premiere Elements will do the job at the price you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online