1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help with video uploading from the kodak Z712IS...long

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ce973, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

:confused: I recently bought the kodak Z712 IS digital camera..and the pictures are outstanding...however I am having two issues with the video...one the pixels(?) seem to be moving around on things such as the grass if i video the dogs playing...kinda liquid moving looking...?any ideas?

my main issue though is the video's play back fine on the camera review..however when i upload them either through the dock or straight from camera to computer the catch or hesitate in movement and the audio is not lined up with the actions....sorta like a old dubbed movie?

I use the ultra memory card.
    .have checked my driver listings and it shows no errs....
    I have updated the kodak easy share program
    took out my quicktime alternative which i loved ..and re-installed quicktime which i dont love.

one more thing if i upload them into one true media or youtube..they dont hesitate or freezeframe "as much" ...

I run window XP

any ideas...this is very frustrating being i own a bulldog board and a big part is sharing videos...

I see that kodak has a firmware update...but it does not appear to be the camera being the video's play back fine in the camera review...

it does take a card reader that i do not own..but kodak will send the firmware on a SD.
    the firmware is suspose to
    improves:

Exposure quality
    liveview display
    quickview display
    panorama stiching mode
    video sound and color quality
    make a picture from video processing

however being a novice in all areas of camera's, computers etc..i hesitate to mess with anything ,that if i do it wrong could mess up the camera..

thank ya'll in advance for ANY suggestions or help ...and your time...ce

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Are you using FireWire to download from the camera??

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Also 256MB Ram is not enough for what you are trying to do......another 256mb of ram atleast would help greatly.

4. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

my computer has/is
    AMD Athlon(tm)XP 1800+
    1.53 GHZ 768 MB of RAM

if that helps? thanks.,..ce

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Ok....Your sig says 256mb so I thought that was your ram.

Are you using Firewire to download from your camera or just 2.0 USB??

6. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

I honestly dont know...how do i find out? I have never heard of firewire.
    like i said I'm a computer,dummy,

I am using whatever my easy share G600 dock transfers with ...I know it was a usb cable from the dock to the computer.

can you explain further so i might be able to figure out and answer your question..i apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area...thanks..ce

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood......

Firewire IEEE is like USB but tranfers data a lot faster....but you need to have a firewire port on your PC.

It looks like a USB port but is round at one end.....it is the best way to tranfer your video from your camera at the highest quality. Does your camera give you a choice of what way to download to your pc?

See pictures below for Firewire port

Attached Files:

• FFF.JPG
      FFF.JPG
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  8. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

I looked at the back of my computer and I only have the 3 regular USB ports..no firewire type port.( the picture was very helpful)

the one cpmplaint I have about kodak is their lack of information in the guide that comes with the camera..but I went through my menu on the camera and see no where that gives me a choice of what way to download to my PC.(unless i just dont know what I am looking for)

other then a camera to computer port and a camera to dock port (both have USB cables).
    is that what you mean?

could a firwire port be installed on my computer if that is the only way to fix my video issue?thanks...ce

9. bonk

bonk Banned

10. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

no that one is the P712
    mine is the Z712 IS

11. bonk

bonk Banned

Check the link above again I changed it

Do you have a lead that came with the camera that looks like the Pictures below??

Attached Files:

12. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

that is the right link and correct camera .

and yes I have a lead like the black one...that goes from the camera to the computer and like the white one that goes from the dock to the computer...

13. bonk

bonk Banned

OK, don't use the Dock...find the place for that lead to plug into your Camera and then plug it into a spare USB on your PC...and download the video direct to your PC from the camera without the dock.

14. ce973

ce973 Thread Starter

I have done that....I tried that yesterday....
    with the same results....only somewhat better results on the audio match up....but still the freeze frame glitching and audio off a tad....

15. bonk

bonk Banned

What player are you using to play the video????

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice