1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help with win95 audio codec

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ssimp99, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssimp99

ssimp99 Thread Starter

I have a dinosaur. I am running Windows 95 and I recently purchased a serial 56k external modem (didn't know they still made those! haha) Anyhow, I'm trying to run a program that intercepts calls through my modem and plays back recorded messages through my speakers via .wav files. The program, Callwave, told me to install the Microsoft Audio Codec: 6.10. All went fine until it prompted me for my win95 cd to copy from. ....I don't have a Win 95 cd :( and I don't know of anywhere to get one. Microsoft will tell me to upgrade. So my question is, does anyone know where I can get support files? I specifically need the file: "msgsm32.acm", and probably need others too, but I didn't get any further in the installation. Also, I read on a site, that you can download "msgsm32.exe" and then rename it ".acm". Would that work or does that pertain to something else? Please help!

Silent in Virginia :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice