help with wireless router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

USmarine2429

i have had a wireless router for my laptop for about a year now. about 2 months ago it just stoped work. it turned on just fine but i wasnt geting any signal to my laptop. i was going to get a new one but i just hadnt goten around to it. i took my laptop with me on vacation to my dads place. his friends next door had a wireless unsecured conection but i could not connect. then i got back home and the router was working again so i tried to connect but it wouldnt connect. and then the connection just disapered. it wasnt then anymore. something else thats been bothering me is i just resently moved and just before i had all these problems i had refressed my connection one day and i had a new connection(never used it). then all thes problems started happening and then i moved. and i still have thats same connection. even on vacation i still had it. i dont know what it is. well i would really appreciate any help with this. thank you.

Semper Fi Marine............

How far back can you go with a Restore Point? You could disable that rougue connection also.

USmarine2429

i did the restore and it didnt help and i still have that rougue connection. how do i disable it. thank you

etaf

Wayne
download this program and see if it detects wireless networks - post back the results

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

USmarine2429

its detecting the 3 connections 1 is the one that im not sure about and one is mine and the some other one. mine was there for a little and then disappeared again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online