Help with XP printer driver (should be easy fix!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OldDosGuy

Here's the deal and it's a doozy for me. I have a Samsung laser printer, model ML-5050G. I've been to Samsung's website and they don't even list that printer. I bought the printer new several years ago and it's been on a Win 98 computer until now. I have the original driver CD. Since I can't find any XP drivers for this printer, I'm using the Win 98 drivers.

When I install the 98 drivers, I get the usual warning about it not having XP's blessing. But I continue anyway and the printer driver works fine with Windows XP.

However, every time I boot, the computer says it's found new hardware (my laser printer) and wants to install drivers again, even though the drivers are really installed and working. I just click on "Cancel" and everything is OK.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times, and checked the box, "Don't try to install again." Still no luck. Every time I boot, the computer thinks it has found new hardware.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoyance? Any advice greatly appreciated.

OldDosGuy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online