1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help wlan problems on hp pavillion 9310us

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bbmcgee65, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbmcgee65

bbmcgee65 Thread Starter

this is my first post, so im sorry if i forget something....or mispell anything im in a hurry to go to work, so if there is another post about this, im sorry for the duplicate, i looked but you know how that goes....
    here is my problem....my husband bought an hp pavillion 9310us....(not my first choice) but anyway, he has had problems since day one..oh and he is running vista home premium. the help line at hp, as many of you know is like talking to the wall....i think they know as much as i do, and thats not too much...i only know from trial and error....

1.....the wlan keeps dissappearing.. i googled it and found a million blogs about the same thing...so we are not the only ones.

here is what ive done so far
    --went to recovery mangr and renstalled drivers on the second page it searches for orig drivers etc, and it worked the first time, then i restarted it and it was gone again, along with the wireless assistant.
    ---then i renstalled the drivers from the hp website. some people said to redo the bios or something, and i wasnt sure how to do it, and then they said it dosent work....
    ---i downloaded like 5 different drivers, looked in in the c/windows/system 32 or something and found the driver for the wlan and installed it and still when i reboot its gone...i cant seem to find a solution, and i read that its a glitch or bad wlan card. but they want us to send the computer in for them to fix it, but you know how that goes, and i read bad stories about that too...i think ive tried all that i know, i saved the downloads in the docs so he can reinstall everytime he logs on, but it dosent always work. it worked for me only once and i was able to log on to net...hes brought it to everyone he was told to, and im at my wits end on this....any help would save our marriage (just kidding)any websites or downloads would help cant remember what ones i have and not sure what wlan driver he needs...forget how to check for that.
    i hope i gave enough info, and thanks in advance.....
    bbmcgee65

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The driver should be the latest one for the adapter from HP's web site. What adapter (brand and model) is it?

What do you mean the WLAN disappears? Do you mean the wireless adapter disappears from Device Manager? I don't understand all the reinstalls.

By the way, I have found HP's email support to be pretty good.

3. bbmcgee65

bbmcgee65 Thread Starter

the wireless adapter dosent even show in the device mngr but when you pull up hidden devices its there, but the computer just dosent recognize it. then i reinstall the wlan driver and it works, but says to restart to finish, and it dissappears and i get an orange light again...
    anyway, my husband called again today, and they want us to send it back, and they will replace the motherboard, since there has been a recall, but we'll see if it works....luckily we have a desk top and my laptop, or we would be without any....thanks anyway for your reply, and ill post if it works when i get it back...sorry if i offended anyone with an hp, we have just had a bad run with the cust serv...very nice, but no help...i guess it depends on who you get on the other end, thanks for listening...

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Good luck with the recall. It's a real pain to have to ship something back and then wait, wait, wait again.

Doubt you offended anybody with your comments on the tech support you got; I and others have said worse. I just like to balance my complaints with some praise when I've liked the service.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice