1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Wmconnect(walmart connect) has my email hijacked!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by homescool, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. homescool

homescool Thread Starter

I want to switch from my dial up slow as death aol/compuserve shadow wmconnect or walmart connect :mad: but I can't take my old and new email or personal filing cabinet with me to my new fast as lightning(hey, after dealing with wmconnect/aol ANYTHING would be fast!) DSL service bellsouth.net. :mad: I have been told by wmconnect that this can't be done but I know there are ways to get it moved with aol and this is an aol company. Wmconnect first refused to give me the POP3 server address, then said they did not have one then when I threatened to cancel they said they were just minutes away from developing a way to make wmconnect compatible with outlook express and you could get your mail transfered over. :rolleyes: The email and personal filing cabinet(favorites or bookmarks) are .pfc files and I can't get anything other than wmconnect software to open them. :eek: I heard there was a beta version of something that would make this work for wmconnect but I can't find it. :confused: Anyone out there have any ideas? Thank you very much! :)

homescool

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. That sounds logical to me. When you cancel one provider, why should another provider allow you to use their POP3 to gain access to another ISP email service?

Did I understand the issue here?

3. homescool

homescool Thread Starter

Thank you very much for responding. I think you missed my poorly worded and not very clear question. I apologize. :eek: My dilemma is this. I want to take MY old emails I have saved on wmconnect(walmart connect aka AOL). I have paid for the service and they are my emails. I can't think they would have any use for them. But, I digress. I simply want to transfer or just be able to take my old, saved emails I stored while paying for wmconnect , to my new server. I would settle for just saving them on my computer and being able to access them as needed. wmconnect, like aol and compuserve hold them and your bookmarks or favorites hostage by making them .pfc files and only their software can open them or so they tell me. I have asked nicely and have been told several stories. I was told first they refused to give me the POP3 server address for wmconnect. Then I was told they did not have a POP3 server address. I was also told they were only minutes away from developing something that would enable you to take YOUR old email with you. I do not want to access my new and continue to use and access my new email via wmconnect. I just want my old, saved emails. While I was signed up and paying for their service I expected they would be like hotmail, yahoo etc and your emails belong to you. I wondered if anyone out there knew of a way to open the .pfc files or access your old, saved emails on wmconnect. I also wanted to know if there was a way to save, transfer or access my old, saved emails on wmconnect to my computer or new service. I hope I have explained it better. Again, thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

homescool :)

4. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

open an account at HOTMAIL or YAHOO and email your saved files to yourself. that way, no matter who you use for an ISP. Those emails can always be opened by you.

5. ~Candy~

Unfortunately, AOL and some other email service providers do not allow the download of emails into Outlook Express or similar.

I guess this is a hard lesson learned.

6. homescool

homescool Thread Starter

Thank you jd_957,
    Is there a way to do them all at once? Do you have to open and forward each one? I have hundreds.

homescool :)

7. ~Candy~

Hotmail has a 2 meg maximum mail box unless you pay for more.

8. homescool

homescool Thread Starter

Actually,AOL does allow it now, as a really smart techie found out how to do it. Unfortunately it is way over my head. I am just an infant when dealing with computers. Thank you for trying. I appreciate it. :)

homescool

9. ~Candy~

10. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

I have 250mb with hotmail and pay nothing.

copied from the HOTMAIL sign in page:

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

11. ~Candy~

Interesting, I've had mine for years and all they send me is spam and then send me an email telling me that I'm near my 2 meg limit :rolleyes: Idiots.

EDIT: I have another one I hardly use, and it has 250 megs, go figure............

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice