1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Duncancustom, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Duncancustom

Duncancustom Thread Starter

Help! I used my computer on Saturday-no problem, went to start it up yesterday and I get a prompt that says "preparing automatic repair" then it goes to a blue screen that says, :( your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.
    You can search online later for this error: FAT_FILE_SYSTEM as well as NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.

It does this over and over, never goes to another screen or anything.
    What can I do to fix this? I googled some other forums and have tried F8 and restarting, pulling battery and nothing worked. I left it up overnight to see if it just had to do it's thing for a few hours and woke up to it doing the same thing.
    I do have windows 10, it automatically updated about a month ago. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5200. I am not very computer detailed, I know a bit about them but not all of this technical stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions!? Thanks in advance!!

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    try going into bios.. press F2 when booting up and disable fast boot setting. then try safe mode again using the f8 key again. run a scan for errors. search cmd.
    open the command.. prompt admin type,
    sfc /scannow
    (with the space) and press enter.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

This is NOT going to do anything [other than disable fast boot] F8 does not access safe mode in win10. If you want to access safe mode and your system will not allow access to windows, you are going to have to boot with your win10 install media OR a rescue disk; again F8 does not access safe mode.

5. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    agreed and thanks, crjdriver

hopefully the disable of fastboot may help with the boot cycle and a download the Win10 ISO on a working computer and performing a startup repair, booting from the Win10 DVD/USB can help with repairs.

safemode seen as said.. here: http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice