1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FaithD, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FaithD

FaithD Thread Starter

My name is Faith and I need some help. I am in need of a basic model computer. I have an exter hardrive to store extras of 500g but my current computer is blue screening on a regular basis. I have been dealing with this for almost a year now and am ready to just replace it. I recently found two deals. What do you recommend?

Acer 21.5 LED Moniter built in specks E-450
    AMD E series Dual Core
    4GB Memory
    1TB Hard drive
    DVD RW
    Window 7 Home
    Multi in 1 Card Reader
    Office Starter

HP 18.5 Monitor
    AMD Dual Core E-300
    3GB Ram
    500 GB Hard drive
    AMD Radasn HD 6310 graphics
    DVD/CD burner

I need to make a choice today.
    I have had both name brands and neither one was fantastic but this was years ago.
    Thanks for you help!
    Faith

2. Jparrish123

Jparrish123

The Acer its a higher spec computer so you'll get more out of it

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Jparrish123's answer is hard to argue with. If you can afford to spend that much on your new machine, the Acer is absolutely the better model.

That's not to suggest that there's anything wrong with the HP. Indeed those specs would be sufficient for most people's computing needs, so if you don't need the extra power then just save on the price tag. That's a call that no-one here can make without knowing what you'd use the machine for.

4. FaithD

FaithD Thread Starter

Thank you!!! I got the Acer. For now, I am just using this desk top for basic office work. Reports, canning, faxing, email, networking, itunes, downloading camera files and then transferring them to my external hard drive. No Photoshop or photo editing on this computer. Thanks for the tips!
    Smiles,
    Faith

5. FaithD

FaithD Thread Starter

Ha, ha... not canning~ SCANNING... lol

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice