help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It would help if the system spec of each computer is provided?
Do you have a local network by cat5 wire and/or WiFi?
Make and model of the printer is also needed?

plodr

Liz
There are two methods and I use both with 2 different printers.
1. Network the printer by attaching it to the router. I use a print server which gives me an ethernet port and I connect a cat cable from the print server to my router.
2. Buy a wireless printer. I turn on the printer, which is NOT attached to any computer or the router. I turn on the wireless antenna and I can print to it from four different Windows 7 computers.

Couriant

James
to add a 3rd; if the printer is USB, you would need to share it from the computer that it's connected to. But as Dave said, we need details! :)

Triple6

Rob
4th option is to install it on one PC and share it to the other PC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online