1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Lrshr6, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrshr6

Lrshr6 Thread Starter

Dell inpirion1050
    I took my computer to a repair shop. At the repair shop they:
    1. Replaced my battery
    2. Replaced my keyboard
    3. Deleted the extra log in screen I had before you get to windows login.
    4. The tech also resized my desktop background.
    I got the computer back and it was fine until I restarted. When I restarted the changes must have taken effect. Initially my windows login was unavailable. I restored my computer to an earlier point and was then able to log in. I logged in and my computer was running really slow and it was working fine before I restarted. I took it back to the technician and they advised it was nothing they did that would cause this to happen. They advised I need another hard drive. I went there because my shift button was not working, now my whole computer doesn’t work. Based upon the things they’ve done (listed above), what could have happened?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Actually, based on the presumed age of a computer still running Vista, what probably happened is that something else broke.

When a car or computer gets to a certain age things seem to break more and more frequently, and we are faced with the question of when to repair and when to cut our loses and replace the car or computer.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm not able to locate a support site for a "Dell Inspiron 1050".
    What's the exact 7-character "service tag" number on yours?

I'm surprised you spent more money than what that Dell is worth to get it fixed.
    It would be much better spent on a more modern and faster one with a supported Windows operating system.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice