1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NepisT, Oct 11, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. NepisT

NepisT Thread Starter

I just bought my first pc and need some help with storage and downloading my drivers. My c drive is full and it says it cannot create a new file on my usb or my d drive. I have no computer knowledge and am losing my mind.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    What make and model is the new PC ?

3. NepisT

NepisT Thread Starter

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

With a small SSD drive you are supposed to just install the operating system on the SSD and the programs and other files on the mechanical 2TB HDD. Did you intall a bunch of programs on the C drive? If it is new,It should have come with all the drivers already. Actually Windows 10 only takes up about 20GB so you should be able to put a few programs on C drive.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  5. NepisT

NepisT Thread Starter

I did, but I moved them to my d drive when i learned that. Now whats left says I cant delete them because they are being used in another program or I don't have permission. And i cant move them off or copy them off.

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

You can't move your programs once they are installed on one drive and then move them because then windows can't find them. I had a friend that moved his " My pictures folder an Fu bard his whole computer.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice