1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by American-Knife, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American-Knife

American-Knife Thread Starter

I Seem To Be Having An Issue With Not Enough Ram???, I Still Show Only 5 Out Of 8g Ram Being Used, I Am An Avid Photographer, And It Seems Like Ram Is The Issue?, However A Few People Have Suggested Other Video Programs Might Be Conflicting. Does the Dell Inspiron With 8 g Ram Have A Few More Slots To Upgrade To Like 12g Ram?, If So Are They Still Making Ram For This Series, Thanks
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8063 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 909 GB (582 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 084J0R
    Antivirus: Malware bytes, Enabled and Updated

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Your ram value is probably correct, ~2GB is being used for graphics and other hardware uses some too.

What symptoms make you think there's something wrong ?

(Please stop using a capital letter at the start of each word it makes it harder to read).

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG

You appear to have a Dell Inspiron 660 or a Dell Vostro 270 desktop. What's the exact 7-character "service tag/serial" number on yours?

Yours appears to have an Intel Core i3-3240 processor and an Intel HD Graphics 2500 integrated graphic device and is maxed out with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Have you considered adding a low-power dedicated graphic card to replace the weak integrated graphic device?

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice