1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soultaker365, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soultaker365

Soultaker365 Thread Starter

Hello I am having an issue with my computer issues is when I turn my computer off somtimes the fans will kick to full rpm and other times it will beep and the fans turn off but the led lights stay on the only way to make sure it is full off is to turn the power off I know it’s hard to do diagnostics over the internet with out the pc so let me tell you what I have done so far I have replaced the ram swapped the power supply out changed hard drives to test and removed, cleaned up and reapplied the thermal paste on the cpu when I had it out looked for damage found no sign of damage on the chip it is a AMD A10-5700 APU I have installed a video card removed must of the contacts to the mother board one at a time and the issues is still there I have gone throw my setting to see if something is keeping it in a hibernation setting and nothing is turned on I have gone throw the BIOS checked to make sure it is set right all good there now I had a power surge happen when I tried to plug a failing external hard drive enclosure in to the front USB ports with a 5v power supply as the company had advised me to do this shut the pc off and would not let it start back up for a bit but it did start back up and seemed to be ok till I tried to shut it down this is when the issue came up now I have to have a power bar connected to shut the power off when I am done

Any thoughts would be great

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I think you need to already review the Rules. You could start with the following (I bolded the part that seems to be most relevant to your post):

Be Polite & Don't Abbreviate
    We also ask that everyone use proper forum etiquette when posting. This means that you should always be polite and respectful of others and profanity is never appropriate in any shape or form (even if alternate symbols are used in its place). This would also include refraining from using what's commonly referred to as "chat/text speak" (typing "u" instead of "you" or "r" instead of "are", for example) as this can lead to misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Furthermore, to make posts easier to read and understand, please use proper punctuation and capitalization, separate large blocks of text into several smaller paragraphs, limit the use of abbreviations and acronyms as many users are not familiar with them (when in doubt, spell it out) and do not use excessive formatting or type your message in all capital letters as this is considered shouting on the internet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice