1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help !!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by CPUdude, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CPUdude

CPUdude Thread Starter

I am getting an error reading

The file 'VIAAGP1.SYS on VIA AGP Filter Driver is needed

This is causing crazy errors in my video card and I dont know where this file is. I have tried search and system restore. I have also un and reinstalled my video card from the CD. I have direct x9 and got the correct driver from Nvidia web site. Has anyone encountered this error and can help????

I have a MSI MS-StarForce MX series(Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX-400)

This is the directx test notes

The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    (I dont know how this happened my video card is compatible w/microsoft XP pro or I wouldn't of bought the computer with it)

DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
    Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

My AGP accelerator is not working either

2. CPUdude

CPUdude Thread Starter

I just updated to windows XP pro from home. I have gone through every troubleshoot on my computer. In device manager my AGP to CPU control driver is gone????????? I never saw that before. It was there before I did the reinstall.

3. Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey

I don't know about any of the other stuff, but the note saying that the driver is not digitally signed is nothing to worry about. That just means it wasn't tested by the Microsoft people. Since it's from nVidia, I'd say there's a 100% chance it's compatible with Windows XP.

4. McTimson

McTimson

That digital signing stuff you don't have to worry about, just continue with the installation anyway.

It looks like you have to get the latest drivers for your motherboard. If you know your motherboard make/model, then go to their website to get the drivers, if you don't, then see what you can find printed on the motherboard, or download an application that tells you....don't have the link right now, but hopefully someone else will, or you already know it....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice