1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ayds, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ayds

ayds Thread Starter

I have two questions. First has anyone had experience with system mechanic 4? I have a 30 day trial and it has really made my pc run well and fast but I worry about what it does to the registry. I have heard that it could delete necessary entries and you find out later.
    Also can someone tell me how to back up my outlook express address book and my IE favorites to my external hard drive?
    Thank You

2. rude

rude

Yes,System Mechanic can cause damage to your system but that doesn't mean you have to be afraid of it,or not use it.It's pretty simple to do a Google search on whatever it finds before you decide to delete stuff that could potentially harm your computer.A good rule of thumb is,if you're not sure what it is,don't delete it till you Google it.If Google can't find it,bring it back here,someone here will know what it is or be able to figure it out.

Google is here:http://www.google.ca/

For the address book you can check out this link:
    http://www.outlook-express-backup.com/help206.html
    You can also Google

For IE Favorites you can save them lots of different ways.
    You can:
    Copy your Favorites Folder and load it onto cd or floppy.
    E-mail your Favorites Folder to yourself.
    Copy to external hard drive the same way you load any other file there.
    You can also Google

3. ayds

ayds Thread Starter

Is there any other utilities program that won't do anything to the registry that would help? Also how do I find my favorites folder?
    Thank you.

4. TxBear

TxBear

Where to locate your favorites folder will depend on what version of Windows you have installed.

5. ayds

ayds Thread Starter

I have xp. I went to explorer and it it wasn't in the IE folder.

6. rude

rude

Start/My Computer/C:Documents And Settings,the one you are looking for is the one with your name

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice