1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tehstickyick, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tehstickyick

tehstickyick Thread Starter

Everytime I access certain webpages it askes for a certificate.. I click ok and then it stops, and at the bottom of the page it says Done.. It only started doing this recently. Can anyone help?

Thanks

-Blaze

2. tehstickyick

can anyone help?>

3. dr20

dr20

If it's only happening in certain sites have you tried putting them in the Restricted zone where Javascript and ActiveX are disabled?

4. JayT

JayT

How do I keep my web browser from bugging me about an SSL certificate?

Certain sites, including the calendar and webmail, where you will have to enter a password or other confidential information, will present you with an SSL certificate. If you do not want to be prompted with a certificate warning every time you access one of these secure pages, you can install the certificate permanently.

In Internet Explorer for Windows, when you see a security alert about the certificate, choose View Certificate. On the next screen, click Install Certificate. Accept all the defaults.

5. tehstickyick

Ok your on the right track (finally someone is), heres the deal
    I go to the site, it prompts, i click YES and then (when the login box should appear) it stops

can ya PLEASE help??

6. JayT

JayT

Don't know if this will help or not, but in IE Click on Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, scroll down to security and see what is checked. It probably has something to do with the SSL certificates or site certificates.

7. tehstickyick

nope dont help

8. TOGG

TOGG

I don't have an answer to your problem, but the following information might help someone to help you;

1. What OS and version of IE are you using and what cipher strength is
    your version of IE (click Help/About)

2. Are you up to date with your Windows Patches? (you occasionally get
    Certificate updates that way)

3. Did you install or uninstall anything around the time this problem started?

4. Finally, have you tried the IE repair option? (I'm not saying that that is
    the answer, but it might be a last resort)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice