1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chavezn2004, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chavezn2004

chavezn2004 Thread Starter

i just reformated my computer by restarting in ms-dos mode and typing format c:, and it went through the stuff and i restarted it after it was done and when my computer loaded so i could install windows 98 this screen came up "INVALID SYSTEM DISK REPLACE THE DISK, AND THEN PRESS ANY KEY" i used a floopy win 98 se oem bootdisk. the boot disk worked and it asked if i wanted to start the computer with cd rom support or no cd rom support, i clicked on with cd rom support and it started going. then it said that it is aborting the installation because a cd rom drive was not found. does anybody know what to do? please help

2. gurutech

gurutech

Go to www.bootdisk.com and download a boot disk for Win98SE. This will have a "CD-ROM support" option, just as you had before. It's possible the driver that your CDROM requires was corrupt on the disk you have.

3. chavezn2004

chavezn2004 Thread Starter

I just downloaded that one and it still wont work its saying "No drives found aborting installiation" is there anything else i can do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice