Help!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techguy41

If you have seen that star wars kid movie clip thing then you know what im taking about. he was spinning around with a broomstick then he put it on the computer and put a lightsaber light on each side of the pole on his computer so it looked like darth mauls light saber. how do i make something like that? how would i add a lightsader to the end of a pole in a movie editor? what do i need? here is a link to what im talking about http://www.sickjokes.net/media/SWK_2.wmv

Please Help me

Thanks

You need a compositing package like Adobe After Effects or Discreet Combustion. I'm pretty sure that kid didn't do this, but someone with video/graphics abilities that downloaded the clip and had a little fun with it.
The industry terminology for doing this type of graphics work on video is called rotoscoping.

techguy41

toddfather said:
You need a compositing package like Adobe After Effects or Discreet Combustion. I'm pretty sure that kid didn't do this, but someone with video/graphics abilities that downloaded the clip and had a little fun with it.
The industry terminology for doing this type of graphics work on video is called rotoscoping.
how do you make it, what is rotoscoping?

Couriant

James
I think this should get moved to Digitial imaging for better assistance.

Rotoscoping/Compositing is the process of adding to or taking away elements in moving pictures i.e. film or video. The entire film and video community, from Lucas Films to the local TV spot production company, uses this in one way or another. If you want to learn more, check out the book: The Art and Science of Digital Compositing ISBN: 0-12-133960-2
The concepts and practices are too involved to discuss and learn over a forum.

techguy41

I can rotoscope a lightsaber with a image. What programs would i use or need that would allow me to rotoscope a lightsaber to a movie clip? Such as star wars kid. if you dont know what it is look up , star wars kid, in a google search and watch the video.

Thanks and Help

Thanks

You've got Forum A.D.D. don't you? Keep all your questions under one post and you'll get better help.

Adobe After Effects would be your best bet. Then read the manual and a how-to book about After Effects.

techguy41

toddfather said:
You've got Forum A.D.D. don't you? Keep all your questions under one post and you'll get better help.

Adobe After Effects would be your best bet. Then read the manual and a how-to book about After Effects.
The only reason im posting in so many posts is because no one is responding. so how can i get better help if no one is responding?

HALT!!!!!!!

Only stick to 1 thread with the same question!!!!! It is in the rules (somewhere)!!!!!

Go back to your original thread and a mod should come around and close this!!!!!

Couriant

James
This is a popular forum and not all users go through all the pages. If you don't get an reply, simply post a reply with bump as the message so it will go back to the top of the list.

techguy41

Tidus4Yuna said:
This is a popular forum and not all users go through all the pages. If you don't get an reply, simply post a reply with bump as the message so it will go back to the top of the list.
very kindly said, I will

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online