Help!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DoggieSponge

Hi :)
For the past month my computer has been suffering from a "turn-on problem". When the power button is pushed the computer acts like its preparing to start up, but then it just shuts off before the Microsoft Windows screen comes up. The weird thing is the power button stays on (green) as if the computer is on when it really isn't. I have tried everything from starting at last good configuration to totally unpluging it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to remedy this problem I'd really appreciate it.

My computer:
2002 HP Pavilion mx70
2000 + AMD Athlon XP processor (1.67 GHz)
NVIDIA nforce 720 integrated graphics (32 MB)

Thanks!! :p
DoggieSponge

are you sure it shuts off? or does the screen just go blank? like can you hear the computer still running, can you toggle numlock, do the disk drives work?

if its actually shut off, then it might be a PSU problem

DoggieSponge

Yes I'm positive that it shuts off entirely. I don't hear anything going on, and no lights are on except for the power button and the monitor light. I can't toggle any keys or do anything because it's off. I just thought the problem might be electrical but I'll look up some information on a possible PSU problem as well.

Thanks for the help!!:)
DoggieSponge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online