1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DoggieSponge, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoggieSponge

DoggieSponge Thread Starter

Hi :)
    For the past month my computer has been suffering from a "turn-on problem". When the power button is pushed the computer acts like its preparing to start up, but then it just shuts off before the Microsoft Windows screen comes up. The weird thing is the power button stays on (green) as if the computer is on when it really isn't. I have tried everything from starting at last good configuration to totally unpluging it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to remedy this problem I'd really appreciate it.

My computer:
    2002 HP Pavilion mx70
    2000 + AMD Athlon XP processor (1.67 GHz)
    NVIDIA nforce 720 integrated graphics (32 MB)

Thanks!! :p
    DoggieSponge

2. mphair

mphair

are you sure it shuts off? or does the screen just go blank? like can you hear the computer still running, can you toggle numlock, do the disk drives work?

if its actually shut off, then it might be a PSU problem

3. DoggieSponge

DoggieSponge Thread Starter

Yes I'm positive that it shuts off entirely. I don't hear anything going on, and no lights are on except for the power button and the monitor light. I can't toggle any keys or do anything because it's off. I just thought the problem might be electrical but I'll look up some information on a possible PSU problem as well.

Thanks for the help!!:)
    DoggieSponge

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice