1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by pez_queen, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pez_queen

pez_queen Thread Starter

I have just recieved a new LaCie 250G external hard drive that is supposed to be plug and play. When I plug the drive in using 2.0 USB it makes all the right noises.. but my mac dosent recognise it :confused: :(

Im using it with a mini mac on OS X 10.4.7

2. tedwinder

tedwinder

Is it compatible with Mac? I'm sure you've checked, but just in case!

3. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

You probably have to initialize it (that's OS X terminology for what Windows calls partition and format).

Use the Disk Utility, located in Applications / Utilities.

4. macdudenj

macdudenj

I just checked the LaCie website for your external hard drive. It appears to be OK. I suggest you read the Quick Start page to see if you have to power up the external drive and plug into the computer before you startup your computer, or plug it in after the computer boots up. It should be something simple because Lacie has advertised in Mac retail magazines for years.
    Lacie link: www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10693

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice