1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newguy86, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

I need help my comp is not working when i open up a website one of them it shows nothing new only old listings what can i do?? i have norton 2006 antivirus systemworks windows xp Goback and system restore is not working

2. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Did you try hitting the refresh button? Clearing out your internet cache and cookies? If not usually one of those will fix it.

3. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

bump help

4. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

I did both of those refreshed and it looked normal but when i clicked on link it took me to the same thing.I cleared internet cookies also

5. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

What browser are you using?

6. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

I use the latest updated version of internet explorer.

7. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

I was afraid you would say that. Stop using it. It is garbage. Lets fix it first then stop using it. Use Firefox. How exactly did you delete the cache and the cookies. Because the new "Internet Options", that's like an oxymoron in Explorer 7, doesn't really give you that power anymore. How did you delete them?

8. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

cant change it because my mom wants it. but you go to tools in internet options on hoistory hit delete and hit delete cookies.right now all i want to do is get her program working.program doesnt work with firefoxanyways

9. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

10. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

And after you did that it is still pulling up cached websites? That's what it sounds like. Is it only this one website? Or is it multiple?

11. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

its other sites also. other forums are cached i dont know about it but my activex is not working also.btw thx for the help.

12. newguy86

newguy86 Thread Starter

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice