1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zadey, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zadey

zadey Thread Starter

Just installed XP on my dell pc and i cant find out what drivers to install for sound/vid ect. How do i find the names of drivers ect. Its a dimension 5150.
    I dont have the original disks.

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

3. zadey

zadey Thread Starter

Right it was my mates dell, I was setting it up for him and got everything from that site.

But the problem now is getting the printer drivers he has a Dell All-in-One Printer 924 and the drivers are not on the page above, so thats fair enough I thought just search the site and get them which we did Here. but according to that his PC is not compatible? (and they are not working)

How does that work? I thought the drivers would be for XP not the model of PC. the printer was working on the PC before the format.

Any help? Where would we get the drivers?

Thank you

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

You're right, it shouldn't really have anything to do with the model of computer.

Look in your device manager and see if your USB hub is enabled and working properly.

Aside from that, uninstall the driver, redownload, and try it again. The only reason it should be telling you it's incompatible with your computer is if you have a different operating system, but you have XP, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. You found the correct driver...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice