Help!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

espressoguy

I currently have a computer with 2 512 sticks of ddr ram. There are four slots so I bought two more sticks of ddr ram-each 512. When I booted the computer it loads windows then reboots. I tried with just the two old syicks-booted no problem. I tried the two new sticks only and booted no problem. I tried all four and it loads then reboots? Help.

Need some detailed system specs, please

Motherboard
Old Ram, New Ram

Or if it's a branded system it's a ........?

espressoguy

amd athlon 3200+ socket 939 CPU 800 FSB, 2.0 GHZ, 512 K L2

2 OCZ performance 512mb PC3200 400mhz performance DDR memory

1 MSI K8N neo4-f NFORCE4 socket 939
1xpci-x16
4ddr3200

There was already ram in the two slots. I bought two more sticks and now I have four.

I couldnt get my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe to run with 4 sticks.Look in motherboard manual.Mine stated instead of running at pc 400 with 4 sticks it had to be set at ddr 333.Even after setting it at ddr 333 still wasnt stable.I bought 2-1 gig sticks and put in.See what you can find in MB manual.Just looked in a MSI K8N NEO4 MB manual i have and if memory is double sided ,4 sticks will run at ddr333.I had my memory speed set manually in bios.I changed it to ddr 333 and it ran better but still not stable.Ya i played with my memory timings and everything and fineally got mad and just bought 2 1 gig sticks.Maybe with some tweaking you can make yours work.

espressoguy

Sorry digger...I am a novice when it comes to hardware. Should I just take it to the shop that built it and see if they can get it to work or can someone walk me through the steps??

If it was custom built I think I would at least call them and talk to them about it.Going into the bios and changing the settings for the memory or any other bios settings is not really the best thing if your not familiar with it.

espressoguy

I ended up taking my computer to the shop where I had it built and purchased the ram....I'll let you know the outcome.

espressoguy

They couldn't get the computer to run with 4 512mb of ddr so I traded them all in for two 1gb sticks. :( hope I notice a difference..

If you look at the link above you'll see the RAM specs are complicated. That is ONE PICKY board.

You will probably do better with 2x1GB than with 4x512. Especially with that temperamental thing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online