1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by r01-jet, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r01-jet

r01-jet Thread Starter

my new computer keeps restarting, is there any way that i can extract the data from that computer from other computer.

is there any way to connect them together thought cable without move the actual hard drive out.

2. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Hey,

If you can get hold a USB drive, then it's possible yeah, but otherwise if you put your hard drive on another computer the chances are it wont work due to issues with drivers and such for the specific systems, but you can always give it a try by setting the drive up as a secondary drive on another PC.

When did it start to restart? Does it restart randomly, or does it restart on a specific task or such?

3. r01-jet

r01-jet Thread Starter

it restarts as soon as i turn the computer on, whenit tries to boot it up.

the screen goes black theres a line that says verifying pool data after that it restarts. i can go the option for safe mode and the other settings but none of them work there restart as well

4. Striker840

Striker840

Your best bet would be to pull the drive, install it in a different pc, set the drives as either Master/Slave with the slave being the bad drive OR if your board supports it Cable Select. Either way, do this, then you should be able to get the files you need to keep. You MIGHT have to boot into safe mode on the second PC and give the user file rights to the drive.

You will know if you have to do that or not, when you try to access the files if you get access denied errors do the safe mode steps.

5. r01-jet

r01-jet Thread Starter

is there a way to do it without moving the hard drive out, i don't have any hard drive experience at all

6. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Hi,

Take out the data cable and power cable from the hard drive, then turn the system on again and see if it POST's. Don't worry about damaging it, it's next to impossible from just remove two cables and re-inserting, especially as they are keyed; though before you enter the case, remember to rub your hands across the side of the case, this should stop any static from discharging from you to the PC.

Nick.

7. r01-jet

r01-jet Thread Starter

if i were to move my old computer hard drive into my new computer and make that it boots from the old one would this stop it from restarting.

would i lose my accounts on the old computer hard drives.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice