Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help!!!!

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rockn 
#1 ·
:confused:

I need to know how to take a document that was typed using msword and saved onto a "hard" floppy, and save it into msword on another computer. Can anyone tell me exactly how to do this from putting the floppy into the drive to actually saving it on the other computer.......all the steps.

#2 ·
Assuming both computers are using the same version of Word:

To save to Floppy:
Create your document,
click File>Save As...
Where it says Save in, click the drop down arrow and choose your floppy (a:) drive (make sure there's a disk in it!).
For File Name, enter the name of the file. Click Save.

To open on second computer:
Now take the floppy to the other computer,
Open Word,
Click File>Open...
Where is says Look in, click the drop down arrow and choose the floppy (a:) drive.
Either double-click the file or highlight it and click Open.
(You could also put the disk in the second computer, double-click My Computer, double-click Floppy (a:), and then double-click the file.)

To save on hard drive of second computer:
After you've opened the file on the second computer, click File>Save as... and choose where you would like to save it.

#3 ·
1. Put diskette in drive
2. Make sure there are no other files on the diskette. Right click the start button....select explore....navigate up the left side pane until you find the A drive. Right click the A drive and select Format. Select the quick format option and say OK. When it is done select close and then close the format window.
3. Open the document you want to put onto floppy.
4. Go to File > Save As ......a window will pop up for the save location.
5. Under the Save In box seelct the pulldown and navigate to the A: drive. Select the save button and you are done.

Take the disk to the other computer and open it with Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.