1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by smitten, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smitten

smitten Thread Starter

HI ALL ,
    i needed to share an external hard disk in my department which consist of 7users including myself.

but somehow i could not get it done on other workstations.
    for eg: my colleague jennifer is suppose to access the external hard disk contents.but somehow she cannot map to my hard disk at all.

can someone tell me wad to do and how to do?
    thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suggest talking to your IT folks. We're loath to fool around with corporate networks, since changing the network configuration can cause other problems. Obviously, we don't know exactly how the network is configured, or what requirements the overall network places on each workstation.

3. smitten

smitten Thread Starter

eh.i think there is a minor misunderstanding here.

its not wad yuu are thinking abt configuring the whole network or whatever.

its jus putting a shared drive on another workstations.
    if there is some ppl to help me, you think i will come up here and ask?

there is kinda uncourtesy among here.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You're missing my point. Any configuration changes to local workstations can affect the whole network and/or your connections to the network. In addition, if this is a company sanctioned alteration, they should be willing to assist you in properly configuring this without affecting their network and your connections to the network.

Again, we don't assist in making alterations to corporate networks.

I'm going to close this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice