Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dafseg

I have a huge problem I hope I can fix. Recently, I had a freezing issue and asked a friend for help. Instead of doing a system restore, he did a sytem recovery and I lost everything. I have an HP computer which has a back door backup and was wondering if there is any way to recover my files, documents and pictures. Thanks.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
There lies one reason for copying important documents, pictures, videos, music, favorites, address books, etc. to CD-R's on a regular basis.

There are system recovery companies that may be able to recover some or all of your data, if you're willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to do it.

If someone has a better and cheaper way, hopefully you'll get some responses.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A freezing issue could've been a simple fix. It's too bad that you didn't come here first.

Your friend doesn't appear to be very computer-literate.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You could try removing the drive and attaching it to another Windows computer and use a program like recuva to possibly retrieve some of the files. I've never used it to restore data but I have looked at a reformatted partition with it and was able to recover some of the data had I wanted. What survived mostly was small files like pictures and such. Your mileage will vary.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online