help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johntl123

i am computer novice my laptop has windows vista when i put a film in to watch it spins in drawer but does not play can you help me please

Read the face-plate and see if it is a DVD drive.

Autostart may be turned off (not necessarily a bad thing). Open your player and try to start the movie through the File menu.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Is this limitted to DVDs? ie does it read CDs?

johntl123

no it wont play cd's either it wil not play anything you here the disc spinning but that is all

johntl123

yes it used to play cd's and dvd's tye laptop is about 2 years old with little use

You could post your HijackThis log and see if anything shows up

Download HijackThis to your desktop
  • Click on Executable
  • Click Run and Install
  • it will launch Hijack This
  • Click on "scan system and save a logfile" usually in notepad
  • Copy and Paste the logfile in your next post
  • Using Ctrl+A to copy All and Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online