1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help!!!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by kishore94, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kishore94

kishore94 Thread Starter

2. Hughv

Hughv

Traffic comes from content. There's no shortcut.
    If I were you, I'd talk to an English major and get some criticism of my writing.
    Awkward phrasing, poor grammar and misspellings should be eliminated insofar as possible, as they detract from your credibility.

3. sepala

sepala

As Hughv said, traffic comes to you according to your content. Anyhow this is a BLOG SITE and because of that don't expect traffic like Millions.. If you want you can add a Hit Counter to monitor your traffic(I don't know whether BLOG SPOT allows to do that, but try). There are lots of free advertising sites in the web, so add your URL into those sites as a marketing technique. Even you can use Social Network Sites also.

Another thing to say, when you post a question next time, please don't put the topic as "help!!". If you can let others know what is your problem by having a look at your topic, that is better. In other words, add a meaningful topic.

4. DrP

DrP

1) Get rid of the ads.
    2) Create content that people are interested in.
    3) Improve the quality of your writing, if that's the form your content will take.
    4) Have a nice site design which means people can find and enjoy your amazing content.
    5) Get people to link to your site, thereby telling others.
    6) Use Twitter and such like to attract even more interest.
    7) Put a few ads back on (if you must), while being a bit cleverer about their impact on the site and it's content.

Oh, and don't do what Sepala said and use a Hit Counter. Do you really want people knowing how few hits you've had? They also look crap. If you want stats, use an analytics package.

Agree with Sepala on the "Help!!!" thing, though...

5. sepala

sepala

Which thing? You mean the HitCounter thing? If it is, yes..If you like to take a Challenge, do it....If you don't like to take a Challenge, don't do it...But as I said, this is a BLOG, so don't expect MILLIONS of visitors!

6. DrP

DrP

No, I meant the unhelpful title of the post. I'm not condoning the use of a hit-counter!

7. Hughv

Hughv

I've alway associated hit counters with Angelfire or Yahoo. Strictly low rent.
    Ask Dooce, or Andrew Sullivan how many hits they get. Blogs can be serious money makers if the content is there.

8. DrP

DrP

Hughv - low rent? Are you talking about actually paying for one of those things?!? If so, why? Just use an analytics package, for free, and not have the silly thing destroy the look of your site.

9. Hughv

Hughv

I'm not sure how you could have misinterpreted what I wrote so badly.
    Hit counters suck.

10. DrP

DrP

Oh, sorry. Phew! Does 'strictly low rent' mean 'awful' then? Glad you agree as we seem to be in the minority...

11. Hughv

Hughv

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice