1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by traintrackmaniac, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traintrackmaniac

traintrackmaniac Thread Starter

My computer is having a number of issues and I know it has a trojan or virus of some sort, but I can't seems to get rid of it. My computer is acting strange in many different ways. As of late, I will be searching for something on google, and when I click a link, sometimes I am redirected to a page that says I am infected with spyware and it will load a fake my computer window and start loading something, which I always cancel. Sometimes I am just redirected to a search engine or ad site.

Also, my computer is taking an extremely long time to boot up when I restart. It will hang on this black screen where I can see and move my mouse, and thats it. Sometimes, I don't even get past this black screen, and I have to shut the modem off and restart again. On top of it all, I keep getting BSODs left right and center, especially when I use internet explorer (I have now switched to firefox which works fine).

I have run spyware doctor, malware bytes, ad aware, and avg. Spyware doctor found a couple trojans and removed them (they were of high threat), but the problem persists. AVG also catches something, but will not remove it because the item is "inaccessible".

I am at wits end here, and have considered just reformatting but I don't want to lose all my data. If anyone could help I would be grateful. Thanks.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

click the report button and ask to move to spyware forum they are busy guys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice