1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Helphelphelp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Patreecyaprice, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patreecyaprice

Patreecyaprice Thread Starter

I need help!!!
    Im having problems with my Toshiba laptop
    It only seems to respond when pushing down hard just to the left of the touchpad over the indicator lights.
    If you push just the right spot the hard drive light starts blinking and only then the touchpad starts working. If you stop pushing it freezes up. And then starts working when you find the spot to push down on again. What in the world is causing this?

Is there something in that area that can loose a connection? Its the strangest thing

2. lefty1953

lefty1953

Does sound like something has come loose or is failing. Have you tried plugging in the Power Cable and not useing the battery? Might need to just clean the battery contacts!

3. Patreecyaprice

Patreecyaprice Thread Starter

Could this be caused by a bad connection to the hard drive? I had removed the hard drive some time before this started happening. And one of the two metal pieces that were sticking out got stuck on it and bent. Im not exactly sure what there positioning was to begin with. It looks as if they came out just a little and the hard drive when in place pushes in on them connecting to a metal plate of some kind.
    But it doesnt make sense why pushing on an area on the other side away from the hard drive seems to connects something to make it run again.
    I did try running it without the battery but the same thing happens. I do appreciate your help and suggestions greatly. Is there anything that could become disconnected in that area which would cause this that you know of?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice