1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Helping some people with their PC need assistance please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warusak, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warusak

warusak Thread Starter

Hello everybody ,

I am just trying to help out some people with a problem that they are having with their computer and i really need your advice .
    It is a Dell Inspiron desk touchscreen computer ( only a screen ).

So sometimes computer stars and then it works for a little bit , then it crashes and turns off and then i get an error that says ( a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart ) or ( reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key) .
    People thought that it is problem with a hard drive so hard got replaced and the same problem still occurs.
    Also i noticed when computer is off for a long time it starts after .
    They took to be fixed and the guy that fixed it said that he started computer a lot of times and he didn't get an error but he didn't take their power supply so i think maybe it has something to do with the power or temperature , but i am not sure .
    Also i loaded speedfan and all of the temperatures are good except the AUX is 128 C .

What i could do ?
    Thank you very much

2. dai

dai

AUX is 128 C .i doubt this speedfan probably does not read the sensor ok

the disk read error usually means

bad connection from the drive to the m/board

faulty cable

faulty drive

being a touch screen is it still under warranty

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice