Helppp Pleaseee

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xxkhbxx

:eek: guys i was flashing the bios on my laptop toshiba 410cs satellite and while i was doing it the friggin battery died and now it says "bios is damaged, ,placec maintainence disk" what do i do now please help i just bought this laptop :(

dai

bios is damaged, ,placec maintainence
don't know about laptops and from what you typed does'nt help
some computer setup disks contain a backup,maybe this is what it is asking for

You should have had it connected to mains power to flash the bios. :eek: If you ever install anything again plug it in first it will save a lot of headaches

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
My HP N5495 laptop won't allow you to upgrade the BIOS unless it detects that the AC power plug is connected and that the laptop isn't running solely on the battery, even if it's fully charged.

Didn't you bother to check the status of the battery before you started?

xxkhbxx

well i know i know i worked 12 hours that day so i unplugged it so i can lay on the bed and do it and it also did it in dos so i couldnt check the battery status.. jeez im so mad at myself :( but where can i get the maintainence disk guys :(

dai

it could be on a petition on the h/d sometimes they place a restore partition on the h/d haven't you got the manual

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online