1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Helppp Pleaseee

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xxkhbxx, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xxkhbxx

xxkhbxx Thread Starter

:eek: guys i was flashing the bios on my laptop toshiba 410cs satellite and while i was doing it the friggin battery died and now it says "bios is damaged, ,placec maintainence disk" what do i do now please help i just bought this laptop :(

2. dai

dai

bios is damaged, ,placec maintainence
    don't know about laptops and from what you typed does'nt help
    some computer setup disks contain a backup,maybe this is what it is asking for

3. A Hawk

A Hawk

You should have had it connected to mains power to flash the bios. :eek: If you ever install anything again plug it in first it will save a lot of headaches

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    My HP N5495 laptop won't allow you to upgrade the BIOS unless it detects that the AC power plug is connected and that the laptop isn't running solely on the battery, even if it's fully charged.

Didn't you bother to check the status of the battery before you started?

5. xxkhbxx

xxkhbxx Thread Starter

well i know i know i worked 12 hours that day so i unplugged it so i can lay on the bed and do it and it also did it in dos so i couldnt check the battery status.. jeez im so mad at myself :( but where can i get the maintainence disk guys :(

6. dai

dai

it could be on a petition on the h/d sometimes they place a restore partition on the h/d haven't you got the manual

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice