1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Here is my desired setup. Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdh31873, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdh31873

sdh31873 Thread Starter

I am attaching an image of my desired setup. I have 4 IDE Controllers which will hold a master & slave on each I believe. I need to know the most compatible way to connect my devices and how I should group them.

Format/Layout Example:

Primary IDE: (on motherboard)
    Master - 40Gig Hard Drive
    Slave - Internal 100mb Iomega Zip Drive

Secondary IDE: (on motherboard)
    Master - DVD-CD Rom
    Slave - CD-RW Drive

Promise Ultra100 TX2 Controller (PCI Slot)
    Master: CD-ROM Drive 1
    Slave: CD-ROM Drive 2

THANKS SO MUCH!

Attached Files:

2. slipe

slipe

Promise does not recommend optical drives on that card. Some people get them to work.

I think the optimum setup would be the HD and Zip on the card and the four optical drives on the MB. Separate the CD-ROM you plan to use as a source for recording from the burner on different channels.

The problem is that you have to format the HD on the card for it to work. If you were planning a format then definitely put the HD on the card. Otherwise I would make the primary CD-ROM slave to the HD on the MB primary and the Zip slave to the burner on the MB secondary. Separating the source and destination for on the fly recording can help. The CD-ROMs on the card are on their own – they might work and they might not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice