1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Here, There and Everywhere

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Hergé, Sep 28, 2003.

Mark Solved
Advertisement
  1. Hergé

Hergé Guest Thread Starter

Heaven is what YOU are standing on, only men have turned it into a hell.

As God is Omnipresent then that means that He is here too.

Sitting on a cloud is pure fiction.

All Angels are born to this Earth, little did they know what unscrupulous people would do to them.

"Hergé"

MIB

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Hergé
    Split your post off of Jims Dedication thread! His feeling are towards his Father at this time and your religious or non-religious opinions do nothing to help him through this tramatic part of his life! He has much to deal with at this time and needs all the comfort and strengh we can give him!
    If you have nothing of comfort or support to add to that thread then please stay clear of it.

Dave

3. moonmist

moonmist

4. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Then, if you are an angel, shouldn't you be loving & compassionate? I'm no theologian, but it seems to me that you seem to strike out a lot at people concerning your belief. If you truly thought this was supposed to be Heaven on Earth, it seems to me that a more loving attitude would serve you better. Jesus didn't convert people by badgering and belittling them, but by showing them how being a good, kind, understanding person can change the world.

IMO

5. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

wtg Davey (y)

6. Hergé

Hergé Guest Thread Starter

I agree but it has not happened so far.

Of course I hope that it will.

It is very difficult to comfort people who lose a loved one if they do not believe in God or do not believe in a soul which goes elsewhere.

I find that, when someone dies, and if you really believe, then you do not need comforting.

If you also believe that someone goes to a better place, as I do, then you should be happy for them.

It should help you to get on with your own life.

A really strong belief IS a great comfort in life.

Hergé

7. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Don't need comforting? Then you're a better human than I. I know my Grandmother is in a better place, and in no pain, but I needed a great deal of comforting when we lost her.

I'm not really clear on what God you believe in, but unless it's something evil (and I don't think that's what you are saying) I can't imagine that Your God would want you to go to someone in a time of distress and try to pick a fight. Don't say that's not what you were trying to do . You were looking to start a debate, and while that's perfectly acceptable, that was neither the time or place for it. I don't think any religion would advocate attacking ( perhaps putting it a bit strongly) someone's form of faith in a time like this. Perhaps trying to get them to see it your way to "save them before the end", but not in the confrontational tone you took. And I am in no way stating that you should try to convert anyone ( Stay away from poor Jim) I just mean that most people's religious beliefs would have them SHARE there God with those in need, not belittle their feelings or faith.

IMHO

8. gws226

gws226

If you don't know where you are going... any road will get you there.

Where are you going?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice