Solved Here We Go Again

GoldenSilence

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210515161431.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (43 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40700WIN, s/n PF1P2KP2
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 3, s/n PF1P2KP2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

If you look at my post history you'll see how I hate Windows Update. I hate MS. I hate the way they forced this crap onto people and their surveillance disguised as protection and security. How I have had to re-install windows twice already before I decided to install a third party firewall and disable all services . After doing this I had a peaceful 2 years of 0%CPU and only 800mb RAM usage when idle. All my apps and programs worked fine. All my settings where just as I left them. Things were great.

Then recently I started to notice that a few applications weren't working or crashing intermittently. I tracked this down to me needing to update NET framework.

Wouldn't you know it! MS have made it so that in order to install NET framework I have to allow MS carte blanche access to the laptop. I stupidly wavered and disabled firewall, enabled services and 7 days later I am updated to latest Windows complete with Edge browser hijacking, Advertisements, One Note, One Drive, Groove Music, MS Store and a Windows Module Installer Worker that constantly uses 23% of the CPU and 2GB of RAM.

Oh it broke my sound drivers too.

I suppose I could live with all this except the CPU fan is whirring away constantly, games I previously ran with no problems are struggling and the laptop is always hot and battery is dreadful.

ridiculous.png

After running Memory Test through windows it appears the RAM issue is solved but it's not.

ridiculous2.png

Its only come down by 10%

I have tried every trouble shooting method and advice I can find on the net. I have re-installed windows and kept settings.

Nothing works.

I wish to know if I reset this PC and remove everything, will I have the same version of windows I had when I bought it or will I have the latest version?

Is their anything else I can do?

Is it possible to install Windows 7 on this device and how would I go about that? It has an SSD drive only, three partitions on it presently. Would I need to make a fourth partition for Win7 and how would I get the drivers for the hardware ect ect?

Hope someone can help me. I am going out of my mind. Talking to MS support (5 separate agents making me do the futile) all day after installing stuff all week is too much to take.

I don't think a reset will help you get back your old Windows because you already did an Windows Update.

If you want to install Win 7, I would backup all the docs and pics etc. Then do a clean install with your old Win 7 DVD. If your SSD is SATA I think that would work with Win 7.

Last edited:

GoldenSilence

I don't think a reset will help you get back your old Windows because you already did an Windows Update.

If you want to install Win 7, I would backup all the docs and pics etc. Then do a clean install with your old Win 7 DVD. If your SSD is SATA I think that would work with Win 7.
I don't have windows 7, when i bought this machine it came with win 10.

Is it possible to use a USB stick with windows 7 or an iso file?

GoldenSilence

Have I got this right....so the partition named health recovery (1GB) ......has been updated to the latest version of windows 10?

GoldenSilence

Okay I have managed to 'fix' it. By Using Windows 10 crAPP remover by Mr T Gruber.

Guy deserves a Noble Peace Prize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online