Here's a Challenge! Copy XP Hard Drive!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ross1420

I am tired of getting low on HD space. I currently have a 4.3GB drive on my PC with XP Pro on it. I decided to copy the 4.3GB onto a 6.4GB to accommodate and solve the 'low space' issue. I made an exact copy with the exception that the software told me that 3 files could not be copied (ntuser.dat being one of them). The software told me not to worry about it because the OS creates these files upon boot.

So I take the 4.3GB out and plugin the 6.4GB and boot. All I see on the screen is Windows XP and it locks up. What is going on? I want an exact copy onto the 6.4 just so I have a little more room!

By the way, I used Western Digital Data Lifeguard to copy the hard drive content from one to the other. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to format and install XP on the 6.4 HD so it will recognise the mother board.This is why it will not boot properly.You can then transfer all the files from the 4.3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online