hewlet packard 1115 printer jams

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bmore4him

My HP photosmart 1115 printer continually jams paper and spits out several. A small piece of cork in the back of the paper tray seems to have gotten chewed up. I tried to replace it but do not have a thin enough piece to see if it really is the problem. I have tried tape which seemed to help a bit but short lived. Any suggestions?

Im not too familiar with that model of HP printer but paper jams only occur if something is stuck in the paper path(your cork? )or if the paper feed rollers are no longer gripping the paper at the point it gets stuck. Look at the area where it jams and see if the are any rubber rollers near there. If so it is more likley the rollers. If not something is still stuck in the path. Either case, you should find your manual for your printer and call HP give them your serial number and see if your printer is still in warranty and see if you can get a maint. kit for your printer. If it is not in warranty consider getting the rollers you need anyway.

The piece of cork in feeders is to stop multiple sheets of paper from being fed at the same time. Check to see that only one sheet at a time is being fed into the printer. On some HP printers this is replaced with a rubber pad. As Krall said the feed rollers themselves can be cleaned for better feeding.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online