1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hewlett Packard Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Royce, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Royce

Royce Thread Starter

I received a new HP psc 950 all in one printer. The software does not load. When you run D:/setup an "open with" screen appears
    stating click program you want to use to open 'setup.msi', if program is not on list click other. I don't know what program I should select to perform this request. Any help in how to load
    this software would be appreciated. It loaded automatically on
    my laptop and works well. But I need it to work on my tower
    unit as well.

Any suggestions or help?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Did you receive a floppy disk w/ your printer... you have to install the software from it. Or is that the one you got?

A: drive is where a floppy is

3. Royce

Royce Thread Starter

I received a CD with the printer and it is suppose to run automatically. It did not and when I tried to run it manually.
    What I stated is what happened. I have tried loading the software by using the add/remove programs in the control panel
    also add/harware program and nothing has worked?

4. TechChick

TechChick

What version of Windows is your computer running? After you put in the CD, go into My Computer, and double-click on the drive letter for your CD-ROM drive. What files and folders are listed?

5. Royce

Royce Thread Starter

All the files and folders in the C drive appear when I click the other
    block as the first files appearing in the 'open with' window are a short sampling of the C drive files.

6. slipe

slipe

Go to Windows Explorer and left click on your CD-ROM drive with the HP CD inserted. Click or double left click on the Setup.Exe file and you should be off and running.

Hp printers have different install routines for LPT parallel and USB. Make sure you use the correct side of the install instruction sheet. Basically you install like a normal driver at the “New hardware found” prompt for USB, and cancel out of that prompt and install as normal software for parallel.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice