Hex converter for WEP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rtuley1

Greetings, In my shop I am running a Sony Vaio which, up until this morning connected wirelessly to my gateway pc via a Buffalo wireless pci card and high power wireless G router. As with the majority of Microsoft junk I encounter though, things just changed of their own volition for no apparent reason and as of this morning I found that I could not connect to my network. Upon opening the properties box of the wireless network connection box I found things were not set correctly. I started to reconfigure to the correct settings, but when I input the encryption key ( I'm running Tomato firmware on the router ) it will not accept what I put in. Since I'm using WEP ( yes, I know about the security issues) as my encryption, I input the key, all 26 numbers and digits, and got a message telling me that if I was using WEP I would have to use hexadecimal. I went online, found the site to convert ASCII to hex and did so with the key. When I input it as hex, I still get the same message. I have done this successfully before but I've slept many times since then, and can't remember the fix. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online