1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hey all, not sure if im posting this in the right place

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by surround5.1luver, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surround5.1luver

surround5.1luver Thread Starter

Hello all, im after some help/answers.

I have a creative 5.1 soundblaster sound card in my desk top, and a X-540 5.1 chanel logitech sound system.

My problem is, i have to have the audio on movies (i use nero showtime to play movies) when i have it set to 5.1 (as shown)

and the computer sound settings in controll pannell set to 5.1

but when i actually play the movies, i get all the.... ambiance and background sounds, but no speech, when the actors talk there lips move but no sound/very faint all exept for the ambiance.

if u can understand what im saying, again sorry if im posting in the wrong area, if you can help or explain to me whats going on/what im doing wrong, itd be much help.

agaiin thankyou
    S5.1L

Also,

Im using windows xp pro
    if u need anymore info please ask

Thankyou

Attached Files:

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

That's pretty typical when the center channel isn't working correctly, are you sure you are playing a 5.1 movie audio stream? I assume that its simulated Nero surround? I've never found a good simulated surround sound (unlike Dolby Headphone) in a small home theatre system so I wonder about that. Have you tried the Dolby Logic instead and is that same, better, worse?

There's probably a diagnostic speaker level check utility there somewhere. Have you run that and determined the hookup is correct?

Its hard to tell for sure, you may just have some setting or hookup that isn't quite right or you may be working cross purpose to what the audio stream you're working with is designed and capable of doing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice